Hitachi launches two new Zaxis Dash 5 reduced-tail-swing excavators: ZX75US-5 and ZX85USB-5
MOLINE, Ill. (June 4, 2013) – Hitachi today introduced the newest models to join its Zaxis Dash-5 line – the ZX75US-5 and ZX85USB-5.
The two reduced-tail-swing excavators feature the same performance and reliability as the preceding Dash-3 series models, but include a variety of enhancements that make them more durable, productive and easy to maintain.
“Our exclusive focus on excavators is especially evident in these new Dash-5 reduced-tail-swing models,” said Mark Wall, product marketing manager at Hitachi. “Whether you work in urban renewal, street repair, underground utilities or the landscape industry, these ultrashorts open up a wide range of possibilities.”
The machines’ reduced-tail-swing design makes it easy for operators to navigate and work around obstacles and congested jobsites where traditional excavators don’t fit. In addition, the machines combine a hydraulic-boom system with an enhanced boom recirculation function to generate more aggressive boom/arm speed. This returns the arm to the dig position faster, in turn enhancing productivity.
In addition to the ZX75US-5 and ZX85USB-5, Hitachi also offers the ZX135US-5 and ZX245USLC-5 reduced-tail-swing excavators.
Key features of the new models include:
- Comfort - Despite their short stature, the ultrashorts provide plenty of in-cab amenities. The cab is spacious and offers best-in-class visibility, more side-to-side leg room, an enhanced, easier-to-use multifunctional monitor, and more.
- Power - The next-generation engines employ a cooled exhaust gas-recirculation (EGR) platform paired with a diesel particulate filter (DPF) to meet EPA Final Tier 4/EU Stage IV emissions regulations.
- Work modes - Two productivity modes give operators the ability to choose the digging style that fits the job. Power delivers a balance of speed and fuel economy for normal operation. Economy reduces top speed and helps save fuel.
- Durability - The machines come equipped with an efficient, heavy-duty cooling system designed to run cool and quiet, even in high-trash environments and high altitudes. Digging structures deliver long-term reliability, and Hitachi’s exclusive boom design with three bulkheads within the boom resist torsional stress for unsurpassed durability.
- Maintenance – The ZX75US-5 and ZX85USB-5 feature upgrades designed to simplify maintenance. Features include self-cleaning steps, convenient grab bars that provide easy engine access centralized lube banks and grouped service points.
Attachments and options further strengthen Hitachi’s excavator offerings. These models can be equipped with a wide variety of track widths, bucket sizes, high-flow auxiliary hydraulic packages and more.
For more information about Hitachi excavators in North and South America, visit your local Hitachi dealer.